I did it! I finished the Salt Lake City Half Marathon! I beat my old time by 5 minutes for a time of 2:05:19! The weather was perfect, the race started at 7:00 AM with a temperature of about 45 degrees there were 4125 participants I ended up 1797th place. The course was pretty flat and fast with plenty of room on the road for all participants. The race started at the Olympic bridge over by the University of Utah and ended at the Gateway mall. It was a great feeling to run around the corner and see the finish line 200 yards ahead of me, this gave me a feeling of accomplishment to see tons of people there to cheer me on! At the end of the race it took me nearly 20 minutes to find Serena or should I say it took her 20 minutes to find me! This was a great opportunity to get ready for the Pocatello full Marathon! I have a lot of work to do before September 5th!
The Finish Line!
YEAH! We are so happy for you. What an amazing thing to be able to do. Good luck training for the full marathon!
ReplyDeleteGood job Lane. That is impressive. I dare say I couldn't run down to the corner without a break!! HAHAHAHA
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That is cool! can't wait to hear about the next one!
ReplyDeleteGood Time!
Holla!! Good work Lane!!
ReplyDeleteIt was so fabulous to see you guys Saturday! Thanks again for lunch!!!
Wish you guys lived closer
love ya!
Way to go Lane. Awesome!
ReplyDeletesomeday im gunna plan on doing one of thees, work so hard, and then chicken out in the end:)because thats how i roll
ReplyDeletedude...someday im going to get the guts up to do one of these. i will work my butt off, buy new shoes, then chicken out in the end...because thats how i roll.
ReplyDelete