Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Christmas!(Catching up!)

 I know, I know! I haven't blogged forever. My friends have probably thought that I'd given up. No, no. My world has been so busy since we had Ella. I'm trying to balance my new world. So better late then never right? We had a wonderful yet strange Christmas. We always spend Christmas Eve with my family and  Christmas afternoon and evening with my in laws. We also have a little tradition with my brother Ben and his family. We go out to breakfast with them on Christmas Eve morning. So we went to breakfast with my brother and had a wonderfully crazy time with all the kids. Laney was so cranky! I had now clue what the heck was wrong with this kid. He so wasn't himself. I thought that maybe he was just over tired form all the Christmas excitement. So later that evening we went over to my parents home for an annual Christmas party. We were having a great time until Laney came up to me and said "Mom. My mouth hurts!" OK a little background here. Earlier in the month my nephews had been sick with hand and mouth disease and it had also been going around the boys school. So my first thought was oh hell! I looked into his mouth and sure enough he had blisters all over the inside of his mouth. We packed up our kids a little earlier then planned to take Laney home. I felt so bad for the poor little guy! Sick on Christmas. And there was nothing we could do for him. I was just praying that Ryan and Ella wouldn't get it. We put the kids to bed and called my in laws to tell them that we would not be coming over the next day. They were wonderful and came to us. My Mother in law made a wonderful Christmas dinner and brought it to us. We enjoyed our day at home with the kids. Laney was sick pretty much most of his vacation. Poor kid! But luckily Ryan and Ella stayed disease free!
 Poor Laney dying on the floor.
 Santa left gifts!
 Note to Santa complete with milk and cookies! And of course carrots for the reindeer!
 The aftermath of the presents!
 Ella enjoying her baby gym.
We had a great Christmas even though it wasn't what we usually do. It was kind of nice to just be home and enjoy our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment