

As parents Lane and I have always strive to teach our children correct principals. But I must say Laney is too good. I always joke to people that Laney is too good for Lane and I. Laney amazes me with is understanding of the gospel. He catches on to things that I don't. Last thanksgiving Laney went on a no caffeine campaign. He asked Lane and I to stop drinking Diet Coke. He was so sincere. I can proudly say Lane and I have switched to caffeine free Diet Coke all thanks to Laney. Laney is always finding ways to choose the right. One Sunday Lane came home from church all upset. I asked him why he was sad. He said Mom a girl in my class made fun of my favorite President (Good o' honest Abe) She said he was dumb. I told Laney to tell her she was just jealous and she was dumb for thinking that. Then Laney looked at me with bewilderment in his eyes and said Mom if I said that to her wouldn't that be putting her down like she did to me. I felt like crap. I cant believe he said that. I was so touched. Last night we were doing out nightly family scripture study we read one chapter a night. We got through our chapter and Laney begged us to read one more. I had to pick myself off the ground! He said Dad don't stop. I'm really getting into this story. I was so proud. Laney I look up to you. Thank you for being so sweet. You are such a wonderful example to your Mom and Dad. Don't ever change!
So stinkin' cute! I love that our kids can teach us so much!
ReplyDeleteI love Lane!!!!! I remember when that happened in Primary. :) He is so sweet to not want to turn back in revenge (like we adults always want to do!!) Thank you for sharing those sweet stories. It gives me hope that my boys will turn out...even amidst the terrible 2's and 3's! ;) And thanks for always commenting on my blog. You are so sweet. Your comments really do make my day!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool! Sounds like you parents must be doing a good job too. I hope my boys will be so good. :) Thanks for letting me check out your blog. It's cute!
ReplyDeleteOH, I love that sweet boy! By the way- he couldn't have picked better parents. We love you both and look to you as examples too. What a great family you have.
ReplyDeletewow, im jealous. your famly is amazing serena!you are such a lucky girl
ReplyDeleteemily :)
WE love that little boy! He is such a great example! He does have some pretty great parents tho!!!!
ReplyDelete