Sunday, February 8, 2009

A sad day!


Last Wednesday morning was a topical morning at the Marley's. I was folding laundry in my room while Little Lane and Ryan were playing before Laney went to school. (Ryan is the sweetest little boy but he has a temper. If things don't go his was he lets you know.) Laney went into the bathroom that morning to take care of business and in typical Ryan fashion he was crying at the door because he wanted to be with Laney. Ryan does this every time someone goes into the restroom. So I just ignored the usual cries. Two minutes later when Laney came out of the bathroom Ryan came running up to me with a smashed finger. I was sick I felt awful and scared I couldn't help but scream when I saw his little mangled finger. Laney was fit to be tide that he accidentally shut the door on Ryan's finger. The sad thing was that the door was totally closed!!!!!!!!!! I thought for sure that Ryan's finger was broken. I was in tears, Ryan was screaming in pain and Laney was hyperventilating. I called Lane at the bank and tried to tell him that there had been an accident with Ryan but he couldn't understand me. Lane was home in a flash and called the Dr. office to see if we needed to have and X-ray. They had us come in and luckily there was no brake. Ryan is OK and so is Laney. Ryan was so tired after that he slept all day. Laney got to stay home from school and have a mommy day. So moms never ignore the usual cries because someday it might be a real emergency.

3 comments:

  1. YEAH we can finally post a comment on here! I am so sorry to hear about Ryan's finger and Laney's feelers! What a day. Those are the draining days that make you appreciate what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Serena, its totally random but I just clicked on your link off Jenn and Justin's blog hoping I would be able to find some way to contact you! How are you doing? This is Kristen (Andrus) Madson and you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It figures... nothing like that to get your heart pumping. Hey that may make a great exercise video: Hey-Your Kid is Hurt!- the 30 minute high impact workout!

    Yeah that would be Kewl...
    The bonus would be that it happens when you are a couple of 1,000k and can't do squat. -Anj in Detroit, car wreck, 30 second call, cell phone dies.- m-hmmm.

    Good to know it all worked out for you sis.

    ReplyDelete