This table was Lane's Great Grandma Marley's. It used to be a vanity with a mirror in the 40's. Later it was passed down to Lane's Parents. My Mother in law used it as a t.v. stand in her bedroom. Last week she passed it down to us. I was so excited to get started on it. I stripped all the old paint and stain off of it. I defiantly inhaled too many fumes. Then I sanded that puppy smooth. Last but not least I painted it black and added new modern handles to it. I love the way it turned out. I'm using it as a buffet in my dinning room. It was really fun breathing new life into it. I'm so touched that Lane's parents gave it to us. Lane is always talking about his Great Grandma and how much he loved her. I'm thrilled that we can enjoy it and pass it down to our kid's someday.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Move over Martha Stewart!!!!!
This table was Lane's Great Grandma Marley's. It used to be a vanity with a mirror in the 40's. Later it was passed down to Lane's Parents. My Mother in law used it as a t.v. stand in her bedroom. Last week she passed it down to us. I was so excited to get started on it. I stripped all the old paint and stain off of it. I defiantly inhaled too many fumes. Then I sanded that puppy smooth. Last but not least I painted it black and added new modern handles to it. I love the way it turned out. I'm using it as a buffet in my dinning room. It was really fun breathing new life into it. I'm so touched that Lane's parents gave it to us. Lane is always talking about his Great Grandma and how much he loved her. I'm thrilled that we can enjoy it and pass it down to our kid's someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You go girl! (I have always wanted to say that!) Looks FAB-U-LOUS!! can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome I have a dresser that has been handed down a few generations and I really badly want to re finish it, I just don't have any space to do. Someday it will be done and then I will blog all about it.
ReplyDeletewho knows i might have to call you for pointers.
It looks amazing!
Sweet Rena- You did an amazing job! LOVE it
ReplyDeleteawesome! looks fab!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it make you feel powerful to use the power tools?!! Looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteAmazing Job!!!! Don't you just love the finished project and knowing that YOU did it.
ReplyDeleteIt looks amazing.
ReplyDeletecome paint all the finds im hoarding in my garage!-my husbands "done with it" hahahaha
ReplyDeletemartha aint got nuthin on you!